Saturday, January 12, 2013

DIY Sew: Faux Fur Bootie Cuffs



Ever since last winter I've been thinking of a way to breathe new life into these black boots I purchased at h and m. 
 
 
Then, an idea came to me, why don't I spice them up by adding some faux fur; it should be a simple enough project right? .... well I'm happy to say to my delight this is one of the simplest sewing projects ever!


Materials:

1 pair of black booties
2 pieces of 5'' by 16'' black faux fur fabric
Black thread
sewing machine
scissors
measuring tape
 
Step 1: Measure out 2 pieces of faux fur 5'' by 16''
 

 
Step 2: Cut
 
 
 
 
Step 3: With Faux Fur touching fold the fabric in half and pin
 
 
Step 4: Using black thread in your sewing machine, sew along the pins with a straight stitch (do this to both pieces)
Step 5: turn fabric right side out, and slip over your boots
 
Done!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment